Counselling for Alternative Employment Pathways
The Access Centre for Regulated Employment (ACRE) provides Counselling for Alternative Employment Pathways (CAEP) for internationally trained professionals (ITP) throughout Southwestern Ontario. The objective of CAEP is early viable employment.
While struggling to meet multiple requirements for employment -- credential evaluation, licensure/certification, language benchmarks, bridge training and/or examinations -- many internationally trained professionals fail to strategize effectively for emerging jobs in highly competitive professional sectors.
Internationally trained professionals may access CAEP guidance, support, assessment and planning for a determined alternative employment pathway as well as dedicated job development that will market prepared job seekers for alternative employment opportunities. Moving forward with foreign credentials to viable employment sooner after arrival will provide short and long-term benefits to internationally trained professionals and their communities of residence.
The CAEP program helps internationally trained professionals:
- Develop a clear understanding of your professional options
- Develop your unique pathway to employment
- Get the labour market facts for your profession and possible career alternatives
- Strengthen your knowledge regarding the transferability of your credentials and professional experiences
- Discover why competencies such as critical thinking, self-directed learning, collaboration, and innovation and creativity matter
- Avoid getting locked into survival jobs and locked out of professional employment
- Become job ready and be marketed for employment with the Sales and Marketing Advisor
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program.